The structure of admission essay
The order of writing an essay is usually reduced to three steps.
Like any written work, the essay contains an introductory part or an introduction.
A well-written introduction makes the reader become interested and read the essay to the end. The introductory part may contain the formulation of the problem and its essence, rhetorical question, quotation, etc. It is important to create a special emotional mood and bring the reader to the problem under consideration.
2. The main part
In the main part, you can bring different points of view on the issue under consideration, touch upon the history of the issue.
Usually the main part consists of several sub-items, each of which consists of three sections: a thesis (the proposition to be proved), the justification (the arguments used to prove the thesis), a subpoena (partial answer to the main question).
Arguments are judgments expressed in order to convince the reader of the truth of a particular point of view. It can be different situations from life, the opinions of scientists, evidence, etc.
The argument can be constructed in the following sequence:
3. An example.
4. The final judgment.
In conclusion, all the conclusions drawn for each thesis presented in the main part are combined. The reader should arrive at a logical conclusion based on the arguments given. In conclusion, the problem is re-introduced and a final conclusion is drawn.
If the goal of the introductory part is to interest the reader, then the goal of the latest proposals is to add integrity to the overall picture, leave the work in the reader’s memory and push it to reflections.
Difference between composition and admission essay that you can buy online
Correct writing an essay is different from writing a regular composition. Therefore, if the task is to write an essay, then it is necessary to take into account the characteristic features of the genre that distinguish it from the others.
Unlike the work in which the work of art is analyzed, the essay contains the author’s point of view and his position on the problem under consideration.
Also, one of the distinguishing essays from composing features is its paradox, that is, the goal is to surprise the reader, to impress him, using vivid images, aphorisms, paradoxical statements.
Recommendations for writing admission essay
All the rules of drafting the essay are recommendatory in nature. Use our tips on how to write an essay, taking into account also the information presented above, and create an essay that will not leave the reader indifferent.
Tips for writing:
1. When writing essays, you should alternate short phrases with long ones. In this case, the text will be dynamic enough to be easy to read.
2. Do not use complicated and incomprehensible words, especially if the meaning of the word is unfamiliar.
3. Use as few common phrases as possible. The essay should be unique, individualized, reflecting the author’s personality.
4. You should use humor very carefully. Sarcasm and insolence can irritate the reader.
5. Reflecting personal experience, memories and impressions is a great way to confirm your point of view and convince the reader.
6. It is necessary to stick to the topic and the main idea, without deviating from it and not describing unnecessary details.
7. After completing the essay, you should reread it, making sure that the logic of the presentation is preserved throughout the narrative.
8. Use in the essay of facts, research results – an excellent option for giving credibility.
Common errors when writing an essay
Knowing the most common mistakes will help prevent them from writing their own essays.
Mistake 1. The fear of being misunderstood or not making the right impression helps the author to remove all the extra, outstanding from the essay. Due to this essay can lose its individuality and uniqueness.
Mistake 2. Insufficient elaboration of details. A common mistake is the existence of an assertion that is not supported by a sufficient number of arguments in the form of examples and proofs.
Mistake 3. Misunderstanding of the essence of the problem stated in the essay or the wrong interpretation of the topic.
Mistake 4. Enumeration of other people’s opinions, without indicating their authorship and lack of their own point of view.
All the charm of the genre of the essay consists in the absence of strict limitations. Full freedom of creativity, the opportunity to express your opinion and share your thoughts, an unconventional solution to the problem – these are features inherent in the essay, making this genre attractive to a creative person, generating original ideas.