As you may know there are different types of essay, so it is vitally important to figure out what a reflective essay is exactly. A reflective essay is an essay which describes the writer’s personal experience, for example the places he or she has visited, or people who had an impact on his or her life. This type of essay reveals the writer’s true identity and discloses his real personality and what made him or her like that.
A reflective essay has nothing to do with research or facts. It is more personal in its nature and doesn’t have strict structure or style.
It may seem that writing a reflective essay is as easy as pie, but do not be in a rush – proper planning is required if you want to have a perfect reflective essay.
The purpose of a reflective essay is to present your thoughts and ideas on a particular topic precisely. You shouldn’t get carried away from the theme or ramble on.
A reflective essay structure is as follows:
- Introduction. The first sentence should attract the reader’s attention right away. Provide a brief preview of what you are going to write about.
- Main body. This part of essay should explain what caused the writer to change and how it all happened. Examples are necessary for supporting the ideas.
- Conclusion. It must generalize your points of view and show progress.
Topics for a reflective essay
A reflective essay is that kind of essay where you have to use your own experience, so you can’t borrow anything. However, there are some common prompts that can come in handy:
- An unforgettable experience
- Challenging choices that have ever been made
- Life changing decision
- The most appreciable moments in your life
- What have you learned about yourself?
- If you had a chance to change something in your life, what would it be?
- How to overcome fear
How to write a reflective essay
- First of all, be aware of everything that you are writing about, since you present your own thoughts, feelings and ideas always bear in your mind whether it is appropriate or not.
- Be professional. Mind your grammar and spelling.
- Do not be idle. Proofread your essay. Review your essay in order to find inaccuracy.
- Select vocabulary carefully. Avoid using slang or frequently-used abbreviations such as LOL, OMG etc.
- Honesty is crucial.
Since most students are busy with studying, it is hard to find time for writing countless essays. Thus, if you are that kind of student, feel free to contact one of reflective essay writing services. You can be sure that your essay will be written by an experienced writer.